Friday 28 February 2014

February Favourites!

Hey angels,
 
Today's post is going to be my February Favourites which is all the products I have been loving and using regularly throughout the month of February.
 
Ok, so I'm just going to crack on...
 
The first thing that I have been loving using is the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner. This is a 'deep conditioning treatment for dry and damaged hair'. According to Aussie, 'this nourishing treatment gets to work fast on damaged hair, repairing and smoothing rough cuticles, restoring manageability and shine'. I tend to use this once a week as a sort of hair mask.
 
 
 
Once I have shampooed and conditioned my hair I smooth a 'splodge' of this product through my hair from root to tip and leave to work it's magic for up to 3 minutes, and then wash it out. The smell of this product is amazing and it really lingers on your hair, even when you have blow dried it. I also found my hair to feel and look incredibly shiny and healthy, right up until the next time that I washed it. I honestly can't praise this product enough, it's AMAZING!
 
 
Another product I have been loving this month is this Mango Lip Butter from a brand called Delon+. Now, this is a brand that I have never heard of before, but I recently came across this in my auntie's bathroom. So, this came in a gift set along with three body butters, which I am still yet to try, that she received for Christmas.



However, she doesn't use any of the products and so she asked me if I wanted them, and I jumped at the chance of trying some products from a brand I have never heard of before. Now, this lip butter reminds me so much of the Body Shop lip butters, I don't know if it is just the packaging or what. However, whereas the Body Shop lip butters are a harder and more creamier consistency, this lip butter is much softer and a little oilier, more like the consistency of Vaseline. This makes it more moisturising and easy to wear. This has a really subtle scent of sweet mango which I really like and it has quickly become my go to lip butter.

 
Something else that I have been loving throughout the month of February is the Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara. I think this is by far the best mascara that I have tried to date, it really gives you amazing looking lashes, which is a tall order for me as my eyelashes are soooooo short!
 
 
 
This mascara really lasts all day and really doesn't flake at all even though it is not a waterproof mascara, which is good because I don't like the consistency of waterproof mascaras. This mascara really lengthens and adds tonnes and tonnes of volume to your lashes. This makes my eyelashes look the longest that they ever have done. I love this mascara!!!


I have also recently been loving this Mint Julips Lip Scrub from LUSH.
 
 
 
My mum recently bought this for me after listening to me moaning for ages about how dry and chapped my lips have been. First things first, this lip scrub smells absolutely incredible. It smells and tastes exactly like mint chocolate. This contains little sugar particles which help to scrub off the dead skin and once you have rubbed it in it turns into more of an oil which is really moisturising and then the idea is, is that you lick it off your lips and enjoy the minty chocolatey lovely-ness!

 
I have also been loving this Max Factor GlossFinity nail polish in the colour 'Ruby Fruit'. This is a lovely, glossy red/plum colour that lasts for ages on the nails! The lasting power is absolutely incredible, and hardly chips at all.
 
 
 
I really like the consistency of this nail polish as it is not too gloopy but also it is not too liquidy and is really really easy to apply. This has lovely gel finish and I receive loads of compliments when I have it on my fingers.

 
Now, my non-beauty favourite this month is actually a book or two. The Hunger Games books. I know I am probably a little bit late in reading these books but I wasn't really bothered at first after I had seen the films. However, I am now completely hooked on these books.
 

 
There is so much more in these books than there are in the films and they are so amazingly written. If you don't know anything about the Hunger Games, I will tell you a little bit of what they are about. They are basically written in the voice of a 16 year old girl called Katniss Everdeen who lives in the nation of Panem. Panem is run by the Capitol and they like to express their power over their nation by holding the Hunger Games every year in which one boy and one girl from every district fight to the death! They are amazing and I urge you to read them!

 
The product that I have not been loving this month is something that I didn't really want to include in this part of the post. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Lasting Finish nail polish from Rimmel London in the colour 'Double Decker Red'. 
I love the colour of this nail polish as it is a really lovely red colour which I thought would be perfect for the winter months. However, it chips like you wouldn't believe. There is nothing 'lasting' about this product, within 2 days it chipped unbelievably and when I get out the shower it becomes pretty non existent. It's not a great product! I am really sorry, but I unfortunately don't have a picture of this product!


So, that's it from me and thankyou for reading everyone and I hope you enjoyed this post.
 
As always, you can contact me by emailing me on makeupmandm@hotmail.com or by following me on twitter @makeupmandm
 
Megan xo
 









No comments:

Post a Comment