Saturday 22 March 2014

Review: Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter!

Hey sweet-peas,

So, today I am going to do a review on the Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters as I recently purchased one from Boots.

I really like the packaging of these products (it's the simple things!). The packaging matches the colour of the lip butters which I think is a really nice touch. I also really like the fact that there is a clear window at the top of the packaging which allows you to see the actual product through it.



I am a regular sufferer of really dry and cracked lips, and find it incredibly hard to find a lipstick that doesn't stick to chapped bits of my lips and make them look down right awful! I have found that these lip butters apply really easily and smoothly and don't stick to the cracks in my lips at all, if anything it helps to stick them down and repair them.

These are really easy lip products to own as they are pretty sheer so a couple of swipes on your lips and you are ready to go without having to faff about applying a bright lipstick and making sure you don't go over the edge of your lips. I find these really moisturising and I really feel like I am wearing a lip treatment rather than a lipstick when I have this on.



The colour that I have is called 'Cotton Candy' which is a light cool-pink shade with a little bit of a gold shimmer running through it. This doesn't have a particularly great colour pay off as it is quite similar to the colour of my actual lips, so it does take quite a bit of layering up to get a decent colour.

 Its not too pale or 'chalky' looking and I think this will look great with a heavy smoky eye look. I think this is more sheer and subtle than the other colours but it's nice.



These Revlon Lip Butter retail for £7.99 which if I'm honest, I think is a little bit hefty for the amount of product that you get, but I am enjoying using this! The next colour I am wanting too try out is 'Berry Smoothie', which I have heard great things about.


So, that's it from me and thankyou for reading everyone and I hope you enjoyed this post.
 
As always, you can contact me by emailing me on makeupmandm@hotmail.com or by following me on twitter @makeupmandm
 
Megan xo
 




 






No comments:

Post a Comment