Friday 4 April 2014

March Favourites!

Hey babycakes',
 
Today I am going to be writing about all the products that I have been enjoying using throughout the month of March!
 
I love March as it means that Spring is finally here and it is a chance to update my makeup and skincare for the preparation of warmer weather!
 
So, I'm just going to crack on with my March favourites.
 
The first product that I have been loving through March is the John Frieda Luxurious Volume Blow-Dry Lotion Root Boosting Spray (mouthful or what?!). It took me a while to work out how this actually worked, as at first, I thought it was a really rubbish product until I managed to figure out how to use it properly. Just before I blow dry my hair, I part my hair and spray the lotion directly on to the roots, and massage it in with my finger tips.



 And basically what I didn't realise, was that if you then touch your roots once you have blow dried your hair, they feel really sort of tacky, so all you have to do is massage the roots to work in the tackiness and viola, you have effortlessly looking voluminous hair. I really love this product, as, if your hair then starts to look abit limp throughout the day, you just simply re work the product into your roots, without needing to add anymore to it. Fabulous!!

The next product I have been loving this month is actually a clear mascara. However, I don't use this in the normal conventional way, I actually use this on my eyebrows to set my eyebrow powder in place and make sure that my brows are all neat and tidy.

Please excuse the disguting colour of this...its kinda old now!


This is the Collection Colour Lash Mascara in the colour Clear. This is really good at doing the job that I need it to and really does help to keep my eyebrows in shape, and they don't move an inch and neither does the powder.

Next, I have been loving the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder throughout this month. My shade is 004 Sandstorm, but I do also like to use the Transparent one sometimes.



I have been loving this loads recently as I have recently changed foundations and I think my skin is just getting used to it, but my face tends too look a little shiny after applying foundation and concealer. This powder has quickly become my go to powder and I literally don't think that I could live without this. It is incredible at controlling shine and it looks really natural on the skin, it doesn't seem to matter how much you apply, it never looks cakey!

The next product that I have been loving using this month is a skincare product. This is Soap and Glory's Scrubatomic - Amazing Daily Face Polish. With this, I basically take a small amount onto my fingertips and massage into my chin, nose and forehead every morning. This contains the tiniest little beads, that are really quite scratchy, but they are not a horrible scratchy, it just lets you know that it is doing really good things to you skin.



Oh, and it smells absolutely blumming gorgeous! Kind of like the smell of peaches, yum! After using this, it makes your skin feel super soft and clean, it really is a lovely product.

I have also been loving this body wash from Soap and Glory which is called 'Foam Call'.



This smells absolutely incredible, according to Soap and Glory the fragrance is 'the new fruitigo fragrance with notes of frozen yuzu, orange oil, green fig, and jungle pomelo essence". Whatever that is its amazing! After use, this makes your skin feel super moisturised, silky and feeling really refreshed.

My non-beauty favourite this month is actually this scarf. I picked this up from Primark earlier on this month, when I was buying some new items to update my wardrobe to spring/summer. 


This scarf is super soft, and looks really good with everything. The pattern and the colours make me feel super summery, but it is still quite thick and warm while we are making the transition from colder weather to warmer. And I think it was only £4!

And finally, my not so favourite product this month is this eyeliner from L'Oreal. This is the Super Liner Perfect Slim in the colour 'Intense Black'. When I first bought this product, it looked really promising, it has a really long and thin nib, which is the perfect shape for creating specific lines and catflicks. However, I cannot express my hatred for this product enough and I am soooo annoyed!



Within 1 minute of application, after I have let this dry, it has printed and smudged all over my top lid, making me look ridiculous. I have also found it really hard to correct any mistakes made by this eyeliner, as any attempted removal just smudges everywhere. Its horrid! I have tried everything I can think of to stop any of this happening, but nothing works! Hate it!!!

So, that's it from me then lovelies! I hope you enjoyed this blog post.
As always you can email me on makeupmandm@hotmail.com or by following me on twitter @makeupmandm

Megan xo











No comments:

Post a Comment