Sunday 23 March 2014

Stratford-upon-Avon!

Hey angels,
 
So today's post is going to be my first ever lifestyle post. I've been wanting to do one of these for ages, but my life just really isn't that interesting but the other weekend I went out on a little day trip with my boyfriend, so I thought I would tell you all about it!
 
I hope you enjoy this new style of post on my blog and I'll just crack on with it!
  
Last weekend my boyfriend came down from Leeds to stay with me in Coventry for the weekend. It's always so lovely to see him as with me being so far away at Uni, we don't get to spend that much time together, and it is soooo expensive for me on the train. We had such a lovely weekend together, which was just made better by the sunny weather we had. We decided to take advantage of the weather as nice weather in Leeds and Coventry is a rarity, and have ourselves a little day trip!
 
We started the day off by heading up to my local weatherspoons for a good old scrummy breakfast; I decided on a bagel with cream cheese while my boyfriend opted for a traditional breakfast consisting of, bacon, sausage, eggs, the works! (and I'd be lying if I didn't say I nicked a piece of his bacon!).

 
After we had stuffed ourselves silly we went to the shop to pick up some snacks for the journey, such as crisps and cookies etc, and then made our way to the train station to hop on a train to Stratford-upon-Avon! The train journey was really nice apart from the fact that we had to change 2 times but an hour and a half later, we arrived in the beautiful town. We took a little stroll around the town centre (it is just soooo cute!) with quirky little shops and cafes and did a little bit of shopping. 


We popped into an old sweet shop where my boyfriend just couldn't contain himself and had to buy something, and then I stumbled across a H&M and couldn't resist!

 
Of course, we couldn't go to Stratford with doing something a little bit touristy and going into the Shakespeare museum (as for those of you who don't know, Shakespeare was born in Stratford). 


When we got to the museum, the prices were really quite high and we weren't sure if we were going to be able to afford to go in, when a lovely little old lady offered to give us her 2 tickets that she had bought previously, so that we could go in and have a look! (how cute!) So, we couldn't say no really and off we went!
 

It was really lovely to look round where Shakespeare was born and his houses and all the tour guides and staff were dressed up like they did in those days, which I think just made it more special. I think it took us about an hour to walk round including a gift shop, and then we had to make a move in order to catch the right train. On the way back through the town towards the train station, we stumbled upon a lovely little pasty shop (not Gregg's) and decided to go in as we were both a little peckish. The pasties were absolutely delicious, I had a Thai chicken pasty which was yummy and my boyfriend had a sausage roll, and a pain au chocolat (yum!).
 
I felt quite sad on the train back to be leaving such a great day and town behind and because I didn't know when we would get another lovely day together! But it really really was a lovely day!
 
So, if you are ever this way I urge you to pop into Stratford, we were nowhere near to seeing the whole of the town, but the bits we saw were beautiful! The centre is just toooo cute!

So there it is! I hope you enjoyed this post and as always, you can contact me by emailing me on makeupmandm@hotmail.com by following me on twitter @makeupmandm

Megan xo









No comments:

Post a Comment