Tuesday 15 April 2014

Recipe: Easter Nests!

Hey babydolls,
 
Today, I am going to be trying something new over here on my blog....a recipe!
So, the other day me and my boyfriend decided to do some baking, and we wanted to make something that was quite easter-y, so we decided to make these little chocolate mini egg nests...don't they look yummy?!

 
I thought that I would share this recipe and some pictures with you so that you can have a go at them yourself!
 
To start off with equipment wise, you will need:
- A set of weighing scales
- A saucepan (that you can fill with water)
- A metal bowl
- A wooden spoon
- A teaspoon
- 12 bun cases
 
The ingredients that you will need are:
- Approx. 4 shredded wheat biscuits (works out at about 85g)
- 2 bags of mini eggs (weighing at around 100g each)
- 200g of Dairy Milk chocolate
 

1. First thing that you need to do is break your chocolate into small squares so that it is ready to be melted.


2. Then you need to break up your shredded wheat biscuits into tiny strands. (We poured ours into a food bag and bashed it on the kitchen worktop to break it up).


3. Next, tip your chocolate into a metal pan and balance it on top of a pan filled half way with boiling water and stir until completely melted.


4. Once melted, you then need to pour the melted chocolate onto the crushed shredded wheat and combine, till it's all chocolatey!


5. Then you need to set out your bun cases and place equal amounts of the mixture into each one.


6. Next, with the back of a teaspoon create a little dent in the middle of each, to make it look more like a nest.


7. Finally, place three mini eggs into the centre of each nest and leave to set in the fridge for 20 minutes.


8. and enjoy!!
 
So, that's it from me, I hope you enjoy making these nests or eating them as much as we did! If you do end up making these, please tweet me a picture, so I can see how yours have turned out!
 
Thankyou for reading everyone, hope you are all doing okay and are having a lovely easter.
 
As always you can contact me by emailing me on makeupmandm@hotmail.co.uk or by following me on twitter @makeupmandm
 
Megs xo

No comments:

Post a Comment